TLC utilizes coaching, consulting and training to grow relational leadership in executives, leaders, teams and organizations. Our goal is to increase performance for the sake of engagement, productivity and profitability.
What is Relational Leadership?
Traditionally, leadership has primarily focused on the functional elements of one’s position, roles, tasks, and productivity within a corporate setting.
Relational Leadership holds the belief that everyone is a leader and has an impact through how they relate to themselves, others and the world around them. This realm of leadership includes one’s influence, impact, ability to relate with others, and level of engagement within the workplace.
The most dynamic leadership experience is when one unites the functional and relational elements of leadership for both high productivity and high positivity.
Developing your personal relational leadership skills is the first step to developing relational leadership within teams. As your relational leadership capacity grows and you become a more effective leader, you create a more dynamic, fulfilling, and successful team and work experience.
A Relational Leader…
- · Intentionally creates, maintains and develops relational connection and goodwill.
- · Skillfully communicates expectations.
- · Actively listens to self, others and the system.
- · Takes initiative and action in a timely manner.
- · Takes responsibility for self at all times.
- · Congruently embodies personal and corporate values.
- · Pro-actively makes choices that align with mission and goals.
- · Requests and is open to feedback, and provides constructive feedback to others.
- · Utilizes conflict as a creative tool for change and growth.
- · Welcomes and seeks out diverse perspectives and does not take others’ disagreement personally.
- · Extends and creates trust within individual and team relationships.